- Book our lavender body treatment at the spa, leave feeling relaxed and rejuvenated. Your skin will thank you. Come… https://t.co/PIQkq5bVDA - created on Sat, Feb 23rd 2019, 08:56
- All Organic Nation Skincare is 15% off for the month of February. Great time to stock up or try new products! Show… https://t.co/ZhEM68eLh2 - created on Mon, Feb 4th 2019, 18:45
- For the month of February our 90 minute Deluxe Pedicure is one of our Spa specials. Available this month only for $… https://t.co/2XurpwInJ3 - created on Sat, Feb 2nd 2019, 09:47
Benefits of a Facial
Benefits of a Facial
Many women who've had facials report that they get them because it's a relaxing experience. But, ideally, a facial should be about skin care, not just relaxation. If the relaxing experience is the sole reason you get facials (meaning you don't see much of a difference in your skin from the experience), then you're better off getting a full body massage instead. That's far more relaxing and it doesn't put your skin at risk. Here is what a great facial can provide over and above a relaxing experience:
- Thoroughly cleansed skin.
- Softening and removal of blackheads and whiteheads (called milia) via manual extraction.
- Temporary improvement of severely dehydrated skin with rich, emollient nourishing masks that begin restoring skin's natural barrier function.
- Plumping skin with a well-formulated moisturizer, which temporarily smooths out wrinkles.
- Exfoliating skin with a gentle scrub, a light chemical peel, or a peel-off mask to achieve a smoother surface.
In addition to the above-mentioned benefits, a skilled aesthetician will not let you leave without applying a well-formulated sunscreen. The sunscreen should contain only titanium dioxide or zinc oxide as active ingredients to eliminate any risk of irritation, especially given that most women's skin is more sensitive right after having a facial.
It's important to keep in mind that what you do daily to take care of your skin is more important than what you do occasionally, but the combination of a great facial and a great skin-care routine can have impressive results.
With our facials we use Yon-Ka skin care, trusted for over 60 year by professionals around the world. Book any facial with us and receive 25% off all Yon-Ka products